Mitsui soko was founded in 1909, soko means warehouse in Japanese and mitsui is the surname of the Mitsui family that stablished the parent enterprise in 1673. The company is currently headquartered at the MSC Center Building in Tokyo.
The ticker symbol in the Tokyo exchange is 9302. The all time highs were in 2007 just before the great recession. As other logistics companies, it has benefited of the current logistics crunch and the stock has more than doubled since april 2020 before falling again in recent months.
Although it has a wider presence in Asia, Mitsui-Soko servers European and American markets as well as a smaller presence in Africa and the Middle East. With many high profile customers all over the world. This is a list of all offices.
Mitsui Soko provides the following services:
- Warehouse storage
- Inventory Services
- Import-Export (Forwarding, Customs Clearance Service)
- Trunk Room
- Storage of art and valuables
- Document storage and management
- Healthcare Distribution
- Harbor transport (container terminal, shipping agency, surface shipping)
- Overseas distribution
At LOREATEC we also provide warehousing and logistics services in Japan, although on a smaller escale and mainly focused on IT equipment. Please see belowsome of the services we provide.
- Warehouse for IT equipment in Japan
- Private locked down areas for your equipment
- Staging / kitting of your devices, example: labeling of devices, imaging, configuration.
- Warranty repair center for your devices in Japan
- Repair and return to end user
- Pick up, demanufacturing, data erasure, disposal
- Port pick up and customs processing
- Pick and pack forwarding in Japan.